Jump-start your understanding of programming in this camp! Java, a general-purpose computer programming language that is object-oriented and class-based, has become one of the top programming languages for application development. In this camp, teens will gain a better understanding of programming languages, applications, and object-oriented programming. They will learn problem solving, data structures, inheritance, duplication, branching and techniques as they build custom classes. By the end of camp, students will define rule sets for multiple characters that will battle it out in a text-based battle simulator application.
- Explore fundamentals of solving problems by using good names and identifiers
- Identify conditionals, data types, and programming logic operators
- Create local, instance, and static variables to represent data
- Create character behaviors and assign them to classes
- Build custom classes with rule sets within an application
A Character Battle Simulator derived of personally created custom classes and defined rule sets.
Who is this camp for?
Teens who desire to learn a programming language and apply that knowledge to coding applications.
What you’ll get
• Flash drive
• Baseball cap
• Water bottle
• Completion certificate