Is your kid a fan of animated cartoons and movies? Do you know what it takes to design, plan, and produce a stop-motion animated film? In this camp, students will learn the steps of short film production including storyboarding, filming, editing, and adding visual and sound effects. Students will have the opportunity to create several animated short films in multiple styles including; a fictional narrative with toy animation, the popular and biographical “Draw-my-life,” and, finally a more challenging claymation final project. Through the process of creating these films, students will hone skills in character and story development, camera technique, lighting, and frame-by-frame image capturing. Students will begin using the Stop-Motion iPad app to learn the essential concepts and will be editing their final projects in Premiere Pro.
Who is this for?
Campers that have an appreciation for animated cartoons and movies and would like to make their very own film from scratch.
The student will
- Explore key concepts used in animation
- Practice various styles of stop-motion animation
- Experiment with special editing techniques to enhance their animations
- Practice voice-over techniques
- Apply production management skills by performing a variety of production roles
- Execute an effective production plan, implementing work in small time frames
Final Project2 to 3 animated short stop-motion films and one claymation short, complete with audio and visual effects.
June Dates & Locations
- June 18–22 (Winter Park)
July Dates & Locations
- July 23–27 (Winter Park)
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Pass Holders' first camp is included in their Pass Plan, any additional camp is $550 each
- Full Sail University employees get a special price of $550 per camp
- Bundle two or more camps in the same transaction and save extra:
* Bundle discounts apply to siblings
** Pass Holders' first camp already included
Frequently Asked Questions
All Full Sail Labs facilitators receive background checks with Level 2 FBI clearance, are CPR certified, and receive 100 hours of education before they fully step into their roles. They are trained quarterly on the tools and technology, best teaching methods and how to work with different learner behaviors. We also require all full-time facilitators to become certified Apple Teachers.
The only thing they need to bring is a lunch, their creative juices, and enthusiasm! Our lab environments are equipped with everything our students need to develop their creative projects.
There is a 1:10 instructor to student ratio and our labs hold a maximum of 24 students for optimal learning. Since groups will be from 10 to 20, there will always be at least two instructors to teach and assist in project development for all students in the lab.
Click here for a hotel list. Many of the accommodations on our list offer a special Full Sail rate.
Yes. For those classes that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get on the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. Credit card information is required but will not be charged at this point. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called and offered the spot.