Music and Tech
When was the last time you seriously stopped and listened to the world around you? You've been using your ears even before you were born, you've most likely been told numerous times to listen carefully, and yet very few people have mastered the art of listening. The Audio, Sound, and Music Production industries rely heavily on active listening skills, creative expression, and attention to detail. In this camp, students will hone these skills through a series of interactive audio projects. They will individually and collectively explore sound waves, microphones, frequencies, technology, electricity, and music theory and trends—all of which will aid them in making smarter choices when composing music and sound. Did you know sound experts used recordings of a baby elephant's squeal to form part of the tremendous T-Rex roar heard in Jurassic Park? Talk about creativity! Turn your kid's desire to make noise from ordinary sounds into interesting and fantastical sounds!
Who is this for?
Campers who love to make noise and want to creatively reshape sound to convey a story or message.
The student will
- Explore media industries and identify various strategies for incorporating sound
- Capture and edit a library of sounds
- Apply artistic concepts like volume, panning, and effects
- Edit ordinary sounds to communicate specific fantasy elements, such as aliens, monsters, and fantasy environments
- Develop refined listening skills through a series of engaging exercises
- Identify common concepts and vocabulary associated with Audio
A collection of audio and sound projects that will demonstrate the power of listening.
- Pass Holders' first camp is included in their Pass Plan, any additional camp is $550 each
- Full Sail University employees get a special price of $550 per camp
- Bundle two or more camps in the same transaction and save extra:
* Bundle discounts apply to siblings
** Pass Holders' first camp already included
Frequently Asked Questions
All Full Sail Labs facilitators receive background checks with Level 2 FBI clearance, are CPR certified, and receive 100 hours of education before they fully step into their roles. They are trained quarterly on the tools and technology, best teaching methods and how to work with different learner behaviors. We also require all full-time facilitators to become certified Apple Teachers.
The only thing they need to bring is a lunch, their creative juices, and enthusiasm! Our lab environments are equipped with everything our students need to develop their creative projects.
There is a 1:10 instructor to student ratio and our labs hold a maximum of 24 students for optimal learning. Since groups will be from 10 to 20, there will always be at least two instructors to teach and assist in project development for all students in the lab.
Click here for a hotel list. Many of the accommodations on our list offer a special Full Sail rate.
Yes. For those classes that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get on the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. Credit card information is required but will not be charged at this point. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called and offered the spot.