Minecraft isn't just a game. It’s a perfect platform for aspiring game designers to learn problem-solving, practice critical thinking, test logic skills, and implement level design strategies. In this camp, students will take control of their world with command blocks and Redstone machines. They will fine-tune their understanding of wiring and logic gates while working individually and collaboratively to create an aesthetically pleasing and fully functional Minecraft world. Whether a student is a veteran or new to the game, there are new experiences and uncharted territories waiting for them to explore!
Who is this for?
Perfect for campers looking to expand their Minecraft knowledge and hone their game design skills.
Lake Nona & Longwood
The student will
- Explore a standard 3D x/y/z coordinate navigation system
- Create a design that not only looks great but is also functional and purposeful in problem-solving
- Execute proper planning during preliminary design stages to better pivot when unexpected challenges arise in the game
- Collaborate with peers to build a unique Minecraft creation that tells a story
- Use basic logic programming to create working machines in-game
- Playtest and iterate designs and builds based on peer feedback
Final ProjectMinecraft world collaboratively designed and built incorporating personal expression, creatively solved problems, and aesthetic environments.
June Dates & Locations
- June 11–15 (Winter Park)
- June 18–22 (Lake Nona)
July Dates & Locations
- July 9–13 (Winter Park)
- July 23–27 (Longwood)
- July 30 – August 3 (Winter Park)
Locations, Pricing, and Dates
From out of town?
- Pass Holders' first camp is included in their Pass Plan, any additional camp is $550 each
- Full Sail University employees get a special price of $550 per camp
- Bundle two or more camps in the same transaction and save extra:
* Bundle discounts apply to siblings
** Pass Holders' first camp already included
Frequently Asked Questions
Students at each of our summer camp locations receive the same learning experiences with the same gear and equipment. However, students at our satellite locations receive a discount as our Winter Park location has access to Full Sail University’s campus. Because of campus amenities, our Teens’ Summer Camps are only available at Full Sail Labs Winter Park location.
Full Sail Labs reserves the right to cancel or postpone any camp due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. If a camp is cancelled, registrants will be notified immediately and refunds will be processed.
All cancellations and withdrawals are subject to a $100 cancellation fee per camp, per child. No refunds are given after a camp begins.
You can join us for as many weeks as you like during the summer and even choose the same subject. Since each subject is tailored to your child's interests, they'll have a whole new experience.
Students need to bring their own lunch and a preferred snack. We’ll provide water and some healthy snacks.
Early drop off is from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. with late pick up available until 6:00 p.m.
For those classes that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get on the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. Credit card information is required but will not be charged at this point. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the spot.
If you need to cancel or withdraw from a camp, please notify our office as soon as possible, either by phone or in writing (mail or email). A cancellation fee will be applied. No refunds are given after a camp begins.
Yes. Each camp has different roles, and we adapt to the interests of the child within the project.
Discounts will be applied after checkout.