Coding Swift Playgrounds
Apple’s Swift Playgrounds is a wonderfully creative and interactive app that makes learning to code easy and fun. In this camp, students will acquire the foundation of their programming knowledge through the exploration and completion of multiple puzzles. Each puzzle acts as a lesson, highlighting key programming concepts such as commands, functions, debugging, and loops, along the way. Students will work individually to build their own virtual worlds using the concepts learned. Once the core concepts are in place and tested, students will work collaboratively to try their skills at programming a robot to speak, sing, and respond to sensor inputs. If your kid enjoys a good challenge and is willing to “play the way” to understand what it means to code, then this is a place to start!
Who is this for?
Campers who want to learn serious code in a seriously fun way.
The student will
- Explore the “Fundamentals of Swift” using real code to guide a character through a 3D world
- Solve programming-based puzzles to master the basics of Swift code
- Identify programming concepts through interactive challenges
- Identify variables in everyday situations and apply those variables to code
- Explore logical operators and conditional code
- Apply newly learned code skills with a fully functioning robot
Final ProjectA portfolio of successfully completed Swift Playgrounds.
June Dates & Locations
- June 18–22 (Winter Park)
July Dates & Locations
- July 23–27 (Winter Park)
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Pass Holders' first camp is included in their Pass Plan, any additional camp is $550 each
- Full Sail University employees get a special price of $550 per camp
- Bundle two or more camps in the same transaction and save extra:
* Bundle discounts apply to siblings
** Pass Holders' first camp already included
Frequently Asked Questions
All Full Sail Labs facilitators receive background checks with Level 2 FBI clearance, are CPR certified, and receive 100 hours of education before they fully step into their roles. They are trained quarterly on the tools and technology, best teaching methods and how to work with different learner behaviors. We also require all full-time facilitators to become certified Apple Teachers.
The only thing they need to bring is a lunch, their creative juices, and enthusiasm! Our lab environments are equipped with everything our students need to develop their creative projects.
There is a 1:10 instructor to student ratio and our labs hold a maximum of 24 students for optimal learning. Since groups will be from 10 to 20, there will always be at least two instructors to teach and assist in project development for all students in the lab.
Click here for a hotel list. Many of the accommodations on our list offer a special Full Sail rate.
Yes. For those classes that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get on the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. Credit card information is required but will not be charged at this point. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called and offered the spot.