3D Game Design
If you are a fan of 3D games like BioShock, Kingdom Hearts III, and the Batman Arkham series, you will find 3D Game Design to be right up your alley. In this camp, you will learn and practice several cornerstones of game design and development using Unreal Engine 4, the industry-leading 3D game design software. Through the use of the Blueprints Visual Scripting system, you will create gameplay elements such as a HUD with menus, environmental textures, hidden properties, and animated effects within a single-level environment complete with terrain and 3D objects. Upon completion of this camp, you will have the necessary skills to translate ideas into playable game features.
Who is this for?
Teens wanting to design and build a multi-dimensional interactive experience using a dominant global game development platform.
The student will
- Identify Blueprint types and functions
- Connect Nodes, Events, Functions, and Variables within the Blueprint Visual Scripting system to create functional gameplay elements
- Set up a HUD to read variables and display things like health bar, score value or objective markers
- Create interactive assets such as doors, switches, and destructible scenery
- Apply textures that promote a sense of exploration in a 3D environment
- Perform simple logic on conditions to execute gameplay
Personally crafted Blueprints that implement behavior, functionality and gameplay events within a single level.
June Dates & Locations
- June 11–15 (Winter Park)
July Dates & Locations
- July 16–20 (Winter Park)
- July 23–27 (Winter Park)
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Locations, Pricing, and Dates
Take a Behind the Scenes tour of the Full Sail University Campus
You'll have the opportunity explore studios, gear, and state-of-the-art learning spaces, participate in workshops specific to your interests and speak in depth to our University level instructors, current students, and alumni to discover all we have to offer. The available dates are June 24 and July 22.
From out of town?
- Pass Holders' first camp is included in their Pass Plan, any additional camp is $550 each
- Full Sail University employees get a special price of $550 per camp
- Bundle two or more camps in the same transaction and save extra:
* Bundle discounts apply to siblings
** Pass Holders' first camp already included
Frequently Asked Questions
All Full Sail Labs facilitators receive background checks with Level 2 FBI clearance, are CPR certified, and receive 100 hours of education before they fully step into their roles. They are trained quarterly on the tools and technology, best teaching methods and how to work with different learner behaviors. We also require all full-time facilitators to become certified Apple Teachers.
The only thing they need to bring is a lunch, their creative juices, and enthusiasm! Our lab environments are equipped with everything our students need to develop their creative projects.
There is a 1:10 instructor to student ratio and our labs hold a maximum of 24 students for optimal learning. Since groups will be from 10 to 20, there will always be at least two instructors to teach and assist in project development for all students in the lab.
Click here for a hotel list. Many of the accommodations on our list offer a special Full Sail rate.
Yes. For those classes that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get on the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. Credit card information is required but will not be charged at this point. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called and offered the spot.