Learn about our 2018 Summer Camps!
KIDS (AGES 7–12)
Everyone loves Minecraft. Yet, very few players get the opportunity to work with a team, recreating real-life, large-scale projects. Now is that chance! In this creative and collaborative program, students will become part of a Minecraft Build Team learning the process of using real-world analysis and measurements and translating them into a dynamic and interactive Minecraft structure. From design process to final build, the students will explore and create, practice critical thinking skills, and test logic skills as they word together to create a fully functioning and aesthetically pleasing world. Whether a student is a veteran or new to the game, there are new experiences and uncharted territories waiting for them. Come get hands-on experience and take your Minecraft skills to the next level.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Youth looking to expand their Minecraft knowledge and hone game design skills
From January 24, 2018 to May 19, 2018.
SCHEDULE OPTIONS (you choose one)
Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. or Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
SPRING TRACK: MINECRAFT PROGRAMMING
8 Week: Redstone Challenge
16 Week: Defeat the Dragon Build and Challenge
Minecraft world collaboratively designed and built incorporating personal expression, creatively solved problems, and aesthetic environments
Spring term only
$800 for the full 16-week program
Season Pass Price
for 8 months – $1,250 total
Includes one 16-week Spring School Year Program and one Summer Camp of your choice.
- Explore a standard 3D x/y/z coordinate navigation system
- Use quantitative data to digitally replicate a landmark within a virtual work
- Use abstract thinking and problem solving to effectively scale, position, and build multidimensional art and structures within the Minecraft world
- Execute proper planning during preliminary design stages to better pivot when unexpected challenges arise inside the game
- Use basic logic programming to create working machines in-game
- Develop a Gameful Mindset, understanding actions and reactions within a collaborative game environment
- Collaborate with classmates to complete a large-scale project
PRE-ENROLL FOR YOUR SUMMER CAMP NOW
Season Passholders receive:
- One enrollment to a Spring Term School Year Program
- Guaranteed spot in any Summer Camp week and location
(10 weeks, 3 locations)
- Discounted additional Summer Camp weeks
- Discounted Spring Break Workshops
OPEN LAB HOURS
- Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Our programs are comprehensive, meaning that they cover a lot of material during its duration. The programs run from September 2017 to May 2018. If you cannot start at the beginning of the term, there are other opportunities to join us in our Workshops and Summer Camps.
For those sessions that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get into the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the space.
If your child has to miss class because of vacation or other commitment, we’ll arrange for you to come at another time to make up the hours for that month.
Yes, but you will need to sign the children in and let us know who is picking them up. At the time of pick-up, our staff will ask for ID to match the name you provided at drop-off. You can also wait and relax in the comfort of the parents’ lounge area.