Learn about our 2018 Summer Camps!
GAME DESIGN & CODING
KIDS (AGES 7–9)
Does your child play video games and tell you they are going to make their own games some day? If yes, then this is the perfect program to get your child started! In this highly interactive program, students will learn the principles of game design and programming through guided play and exploratory builds. They will then expand and hone their programming knowledge by designing, building, playtesting, and polishing a game from start to finish using GameMaker Studio, a cross-platform and multi-genre professional development tool.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Young gamers without experience in designing or coding games
From January 24, 2018 to May 19, 2018.
SCHEDULE OPTIONS (you choose one)
Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. or Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
SPRING TRACK: GAME PROGRAMMING
8 Week: Interactive Arcade-style Game
16 Week: Multiple Level Game with Custom Animations
Spring term only
$800 for the full 16-week program
Season Pass Price
for 8 months - $1,250 total
Includes one 16-week Spring School Year Program and one Summer Camp of your choice.
- Design a custom, executable game that can be played with family and friends
- Identify the elements of game systems
- Identify the basic components of 2D animations
- Create customized art assets for characters, objects and environments
- Prototype game mechanics to test design plan
- Code player abilities
- Problem-solve and debug programming errors
An interactive, executable game complete with custom art, sound, and behaviors
PRE-ENROLL FOR YOUR SUMMER CAMP NOW
Season Passholders receive:
- One enrollment to a Spring Term School Year Program
- Guaranteed spot in any Summer Camp week and location
(10 weeks, 3 locations)
- Discounted additional Summer Camp weeks
- Discounted Spring Break Workshops
OPEN LAB HOURS
- Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Our programs are comprehensive, meaning that they cover a lot of material during their duration. Our Spring programs will run from January 2018 to May 2018. If you cannot start at the beginning of the term, there are other opportunities to join us in our Workshops and Summer Camps.
For those sessions that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get into the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the space.
If your child has to miss class because of vacation or other commitment, we'll arrange for you to come at another time to make up the hours for that month.
Yes, but you will need to sign the children in and let us know who is picking them up. At the time of pick-up, our staff will ask for ID to match the name you provided at drop-off. You can also wait and relax in the comfort of the parents' lounge area.