Learn about our 2018 Summer Camps!
GAME DESIGN & CODING
KIDS (AGES 10-12)
Great video games require the creation of an immersive virtual world and fine-tuned gameplay, fueled by dedication and passion. In this highly interactive program, students will learn and test these fundamental concepts of Game Design and Development using professional development tools. Students will hone basic programming skills, acquire scripting techniques that can be transferred to other programming languages, and ultimately deliver fully customized imaginative, playable, hand-crafted games that can be shared with family and friends.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Game enthusiasts who want to take coding and game building to the next level
From January 23, 2018 to May 19, 2018.
SCHEDULE OPTIONS (you choose one)
Tuesday from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. or Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
SPRING TRACK: MASTER DESIGNER
8 Week: Multiple Level Top-down Tower Defense Game
16 Week: Work as a Team to Create a Custom Game
An interactive, executable game complete with custom art, sound, behaviors, and narrative created collaboratively with other classmates
Spring term only
$800 for the full 16-week program
Season Pass Price
for 8 months - $1,250 total
Includes one 16-week Spring School Year Program and one Summer Camp of your choice.
- Prototype game mechanics to test design plan
- Code player abilities for multiple genres (arcade, platformer, etc.)
- Create customized art assets for characters, objects and environments
- Create dynamic behaviors to enhance the games’ challenges
- Embed sound and special effects to enhance player immersion
- Develop and deliver narrative within an interactive game environment
- Problem-solve and debug programming errors
PRE-ENROLL FOR YOUR SUMMER CAMP NOW
Season Passholders receive:
- One enrollment to a Spring Term School Year Program
- Guaranteed spot in any Summer Camp week and location
(10 weeks, 3 locations)
- Discounted additional Summer Camp weeks
- Discounted Spring Break Workshops
Our programs are comprehensive, meaning that they cover a lot of material during their duration. Our Spring programs will run from January 2018 to May 2018. If you cannot start at the beginning of the term, there are other opportunities to join us in our Workshops and Summer Camps.
For those sessions that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get into the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the space.
If your child has to miss class because of vacation or other commitment, we'll arrange for you to come at another time to make up the hours for that month.
Yes, but you will need to sign the children in and let us know who is picking them up. At the time of pick-up, our staff will ask for ID to match the name you provided at drop-off. You can also wait and relax in the comfort of the parents' lounge area.