Learn about our 2018 Summer Camps!
FILMMAKING & EDITING
TEENS (AGES 13–17)
Do you like making videos? Can you imagine yourself as a YouTube star? If yes, then this is a perfect place for you! In this intensive filmmaking program, students will plan, script, direct, shoot, and edit a series of videos that are designed to express a personal narrative. YouTube has been the indie filmmaker’s best friend for years, and we will explore effective strategies for creating exciting social content, identifying target demographics, developing an audience-member persona, and promoting our personalized work to the world.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Aspiring filmmakers and YouTube casters who want to advance their skills and captivate an audience with their very own, uniquely crafted visual entertainment
From January 23, 2018 to May 15, 2018
Tuesday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
SPRING TRACK: SOCIAL CONTENT CREATOR
8 Week: Vlog Sequence Shoot and Edit
16 Week: Niche Narrative Shoot and Edit
A multimedia visual story that conveys a topic meaningful to the storyteller/director
Spring term only
$800 for the full 16-week program
Season Pass Price
for 8 months - $1,250 total
Includes one 16-week Spring School Year Program and one Summer Camp of your choice.
- Apply a diverse range of editing techniques and visual effects to strategically connect with a target audience
- Formulate a plan of action to effectively communicate one’s artistic vision
- Capture and manipulate still shots, video, and audio files
- Mark and trim clips in a timeline
- Embed music, filters, transitions, titles and credits
- Implement simple video effects such as green screen, picture in picture, side-by-side, dissolves, etc.
- Critically evaluate video images and audio information
PRE-ENROLL FOR YOUR SUMMER CAMP NOW
Season Passholders receive:
- One enrollment to a Spring Term School Year Program
- Guaranteed spot in any Summer Camp week and location
(10 weeks, 3 locations)
- Discounted additional Summer Camp weeks
- Discounted Spring Break Workshops
Our programs are comprehensive, meaning that they cover a lot of material during their duration. Our Spring programs will run from January 2018 to May 2018. If you cannot start at the beginning of the term, there are other opportunities to join us in our Workshops and Summer Camps.
For those sessions that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get into the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the space.
If your child has to miss class because of vacation or other commitment, we'll arrange for you to come at another time to make up the hours for that month.
Yes, but you will need to sign the children in and let us know who is picking them up. At the time of pick-up, our staff will ask for ID to match the name you provided at drop-off. You can also wait and relax in the comfort of the parents' lounge area.