Learn about our 2018 Summer Camps!
FILMMAKING & STORYTELLING
KIDS (AGES 7–12)
Return to the roots of Film Craft where acting and directing come together to form a visual narrative. In this program, students will engage in a selection of acting exercises that will stimulate the imagination and increase confidence in performance. They will also learn how to expertly stage scenes and manipulate camera angles to enhance or diminish a shot. Creating a film relies on a network of collaborative efforts, and this program promises all that and more!
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Aspiring filmmakers who wish to captivate and audience with their very own, uniquely crafted story and to hone their directing and acting craft
From January 23, 2018 to May 15, 2018.
Tuesday 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. or Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
SPRING TRACK: VIDEO EDITING
8 Week: Short, peer-directed monologue or duet acting scene
16 Week: Short small group film (students choose role: actor or director)
A multimedia visual narrative that effectively conveys a message to an audience
Spring term only
$800 for the full 16-week program
Season Pass Price
for 8 months – $1,250 total
Includes one 16-week Spring School Year Program and one Summer Camp of your choice.
- Break a scene down into beats and assign an action to each beat
- Connect body and voice to scripted material; act for the camera
- Identify how the roles of the director and cinematographer affect the choices an actor makes in performance
- Capture and manipulate still shots, video, and audio files
- Mark and trim clips in a timeline
- Embed music, filters, transitions, titles and credits
- Implement simple video effects such as green screen, picture in picture, side-by-side, dissolves, etc.
PRE-ENROLL FOR YOUR SUMMER CAMP NOW
Season Passholders receive:
- One enrollment to a Spring Term School Year Program
- Guaranteed spot in any Summer Camp week and location
(10 weeks, 3 locations)
- Discounted additional Summer Camp weeks
- Discounted Spring Break Workshops
Our programs are comprehensive, meaning that they cover a lot of material during their duration. Our Spring programs will run from January 2018 to May 2018. If you cannot start at the beginning of the term, there are other opportunities to join us in our Workshops and Summer Camps.
For those sessions that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get into the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the space.
If your child has to miss class because of vacation or other commitment, we’ll arrange for you to come at another time to make up the hours for that month.
Yes, but you will need to sign the children in and let us know who is picking them up. At the time of pick-up, our staff will ask for ID to match the name you provided at drop-off. You can also wait and relax in the comfort of the parents’ lounge area.