FILMMAKING & STORYTELLING
KIDS (AGES 7–13)
Cinema is about telling a story and connecting with an audience. A lot of work goes into making a film, and with so many jobs on a film shoot, how can someone possibly know what their role should be on a set? To find out, students begin behind the scenes getting accustomed to the function and anatomy of the camera, practicing how to effectively direct actors in a scene, and filming some fun, unscripted clips. Students then move in front of the camera to work on, their acting performances. They will rehearse scripted scenes, beginning with a script analysis and ending with a showcase of the scene. The final two months are dedicated to filming a short scene to be later edited in Adobe Premiere. In the final month will focus on special effects including sound effects, foley recording, and green screen keying. With experience in nearly all facets of filmmaking, students will be well informed on the various roles required to produce a film and will become empowered to continue perfecting their craft.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Aspiring filmmakers who would like to experience the core/integral jobs of the filmmaking business.
From February 2018 through May 2018
First Wednesday of the month from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
2/7/18, 3/7/18, 4/4/18, 5/2/18
- Formulate a plan of action to effectively communicate one’s artistic vision
- Operate a professional grade camera
- Identify the role of a director (script breakdown, cinematography)
- Determine the role of an actor (script analysis, character development)
- Capture and manipulate still shots, video, and audio files
- Embed music, filters, transitions, titles, and credits
- Implement simple video effects such as green screen, picture in picture, side-by-side, and dissolves
- Apply a diverse range of editing techniques and visual effects to strategically connect with a target audience
- Camera operation, assembly, and anatomy
- Practiced skills in breaking down a script and directing people in a scene
- Analyze a script for emotion and motivation for the actor
- Rehearsal and performance of a selected scene for their peers
- Edit in both iMovie and Adobe Premiere
- Completion of a short edited scene
- Implement special visual effects using green screen footage
- Create and implement special effects and foley sounds
A SEASON PASS THAT KEEPS YOUR CHILD ENGAGED!
The Season Pass includes:
• 4 months of Homeschool
• 1 Summer Camp
Savings start at $180 annually.
You pay the same price all season.
Our programs are comprehensive, meaning that they cover a lot of material during its duration. The programs run from February 2018 to May 2018. If you cannot start at the beginning of the term, there are other opportunities to join us in our Workshops and Summer Camps.
For those sessions that are already full, we will maintain a waiting list. To get into the waiting list, you must complete an online application indicating the session in which you are interested. As spaces become available, the first name in the waiting list will be called to offer the space.
If your child has to miss class because of vacation or other commitment, we'll arrange for you to come at another time to make up the hours for that month.
Yes, but you will need to sign the children in and let us know who is picking them up. At the time of pick-up, our staff will ask for ID to match the name you provided at drop-off. You can also wait and relax in the comfort of the parents' lounge area.