In today’s world of education, you’ve almost certainly heard of STEM-based learning. What you may not know is why STEM is so important. STEM education covers topics in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Some of the benefits of STEM education include the following:
- STEM-based education provides opportunities to create skills that move students forward to become stronger problem solvers.
- STEM learning encourages creativity.
- STEM learning provides room for innovation.
- STEM-based education can help prepare for college.
- There is a larger growing workforce in STEM fields than non-STEM fields.
- STEM fields typically result in higher paying jobs.
Although these benefits are undeniable, STEM alone does not cultivate a child’s mind to its full extent. STEAM-based learning adds creative aspect and benefits through the Arts.
- STEAM-based education has a strong emphasis on inquiry, collaboration, and process-based learning.
- STEAM-based learning helps remove the fear of being wrong - there are no wrong answers in art!
- Integrating the arts into core content areas not only enables students to explore a single concept from different vantage points, but it also utilizes all the different modalities of learning (Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic).
There is never a wrong time to get started applying STEAM-based education. Full Sail Labs offers School Year Programs and Online Courses for Kids (ages 7-12) and Teens (ages 13-17). If you would like to learn more about Full Sail Labs’ offerings, contact us at (407) 673-6249 or info@FullSailLabs.com. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for additional updates.